Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day seven... what am I doing here?

I had a good friend nearly beg for my return to Facebook today, with the promise that she'd make sure that I didn't get out of hand again.  This made me contemplate what I'm actually doing here:  yes, I've quit cold turkey, but if I return after a thirty-day hiatus, and return to being just as bad as I was before, was this experiment worth it?  Am I learning anything different about myself that I wouldn't have learned while being on Facebook?  Am I keeping up my promise to myself of using this spare to time to do other fun things?  Not really.  I now blog, I now stalk my pretty much dead Myspace, and I now text more often.  Okay... so I texted a lot before, so I don't think that has changed.  But I'm still spending all of this time not on Facebook, still online, AND missing the opportunity to wish other people Happy Birthdays.  And  I LOVE wishing people celebratory birth wishes.

Perhaps I'll discover what I've been missing.  I guess the question I'm pondering is:  should I have just restricted my facebook use rather than tossing it out the window?  Does this pattern emerge anywhere else in my life (crash, hardcore calorie counting diets with no failure allowed, perhaps?).  Is this a pattern I want to continue?

Day seven.  Hrmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment