Friday, March 12, 2010

Nice to meet you

I feel as though the first blog should always be an introduction, because we haven’t been properly introduced. It’s rude of me to just jump right in, as if we had talked before, and assume our kinship. You may dislike me from the beginning, but it won’t be from rudeness.


Names aren’t exactly as important as they’re made out to be - who actually uses their real name, save for important official documents? I’m more concerned with what words will find their way from my brain, travel down my nerve-endings, and sprout out of my fingers to the keys on the board and on to the screen. Blogs have always seemed like an interesting concept, if one has enough to write about.


I worry that my writing will turn from interesting to terrible, if it even started off as interesting. I’d like to carry some sort of rhythm, but that may be too much to hope for. The fact that I’ve actually selected a name for my blog shows yards on my decisive principles.


I’ll just say a little about a book I just read, by Eve Ensler, called “I am an Emotional Creature.” It’s a compilation of Eve’s work, depicting herself and other women, and the emotions that being a girl in 2010, in any country, calls for. Some individuals would have women give up their emotional backgrounds in place of a firmer, harsher view of feminism. I, however, agree with Eve. Keep your emotions. They’re what makes us different from the beasts at our door, the men that try to harm us, and they aide us in the situations we must deal with, whether or not we want to.


Anyway, I feel as though my blogging will graze the topics of Barista, Feminism, Books, Photography, Weight Loss, and Exercise. I’m not particularly sure which topic will come first, or why, or when, or if any of the previous topics will even make an appearance. Just some ideas. They’re things that I deal with on an everyday basis; it doesn’t make them interesting, but I feel as though I blabber on about them.


Alright, I best be off to start the day and step into the rain as it’s falling. I may be lucky to save a few drops from a disastrous introduction to the ground; as I wish someone had saved you from my introduction to blogging.

2 comments:

  1. amen to that sister! i'm all for keeping those emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emotions are what make us unique in the world of women. Without emotions, we would be, well like a majority of the male species.
    I look forward to following your "blogs", to see where you will lead us in your journey.

    ReplyDelete